Collecting - Stamps
- June 20, 2013 The War of 1812: Laura Secord and Charles de Salaberry
Laura Secord and Charles de Salaberry conclude our series honouring heroes from the War of 1812.
- June 10, 2013 250 Years of Postal History
In 1763, formal postal service arrived in what is now Canada with a regular Québec-Trois-Rivières-Montréal route.
- June 5, 2013 Motorcycles
Ride into summer with an issue showcasing motorcycles built in Canada.
- May 14, 2013 Big Brothers Big Sisters of Canada, 100th anniversary
Match these little stamps with big envelopes and commemorate the 100th anniversary of this venerable organization.
- May 8, 2013 Queen Elizabeth II: 60th Anniversary of Her Majesty’s Coronation
Although Princess Elizabeth officially became Queen the year before, Her Majesty’s Coronation took place in 1953.
- May 1, 2013 Chinatown Gates
Illustrated by regional artists, these gates guard the entrances to Canada’s largest Chinatowns.
- April 22, 2013 Adopt a Pet
The animal models for the stamps were actual shelter animals and names and individual experiences are included in the stamp booklet and on the Official First Day Cover story.
- April 22, 2013 Commemorative envelopes
The second quarter of our stamp program marks milestones across the country with five commemorative envelopes.
- April 9, 2013 The Princess of Wales’ Own Regiment
On the front line is our stamp celebrating the 150th anniversary of this storied regiment.
- March 22, 2013 Canadian Photography
Even in its early days, Canada offered a wealth of inspiration for photographers. From its scenic beauty to its nascent urban landscapes, from politicians to powerbrokers, from aboriginals to early immigrants, the country’s early diversity played muse to some of the world’s most recognized photographers.